WHo WE ARE
Our CEO's Story
Joel Shapiro, Ph.D., has educated 1000’s of leaders in his open enrolment programs and has designed and implemented dozens of customized LD & OD programs for notable companies.
Joel helped save his third-generation family business in an extreme turnaround situation, transforming the company from a local, non-competitive, commodity supplier into a national, highly competitive, value added service provider. In three mergers and two acquisitions (all within 18 months), Joel led the post-merger integration, uniting the six cultures into one cohesive team, and realigning them all with the new vision, strategy, values, and market realities.
- Founded Advanture Consulting in 2001 and co-founded Spectral AgriVentures in 2016
- Pro-bono work for non-profits: gender, environmental, ethnic, gov’t employees
- Former Associate Faculty for the Vancouver School for Narrative Therapy and Adjunct Assist. Prof., Master of Workplace Learning, University of Calgary
- Former member of the Canadian National Freestyle Ski Team
- Ph.D. with Distinction in Philosophy. Lived, worked and studied in Europe for eight years: speaks German and French (rusty)